Written By: Sylvia Eayrs
I think we can all agree, eggs are good no matter how you do ‘em up. Saturday morning, we’re ready for ya.
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 ½ lb rinsed, but not dried spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 90 g chopped prosciutto
- ¾ cup heavy cream, + 4 tbs later
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and butter four 6-fl oz ramekins (small oven-safe dish)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the spinach and chop coarsely.
- Heat the oil on the pot on the medium setting and add the prosciutto. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the chopped spinach. Pour in the cream and bring everything to a boil. Stir often, until the cream thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Divide this mixture evenly into the four dishes and crack an egg on top of each. Season according to your taste buds, and then into the oven.
- Bake, until the whites are opaque and the yolks have firm edges and soft centers, about 15 minutes. Remove from the over and sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon of the parmesan. Serve immediately for most praise.