Written by: Mathilde Buzy and Albane Doussin – Two French Exchange Students
Canadian schools are much cooler than in France but we have a few things that you don’t have.
The Strong Points
– We have two weeks off every two months.
– If the teacher is missing, we don’t have class.
– We have one hour and a half or two hours for lunch.
– Every Wednesday, we get the afternoon off.
– You finish school at 3 p.m
– You have late starts on Thursdays.
– You switch rooms every period.
– You have only four periods in one day instead of eight.
The Weak Points
– We finish school at 5 p.m and begin at 8:30 a.m.
– We stay in the same room all day.
– We are not allowed to use our phones within the school.
– The periods are longer than in France.
– You have exams every year.
– The girls and boys don’t really mix in groups of friends.