Written by: Melanie Chataigner
Before we start, I want to introduce myself.
My name’s Melanie and I am an exchange student here at Harbord until November 8th. I am 15 years old and I love cooking, it’s the reason why I wanted to do this article! I love Canada, and I hope you guys like this country and Harbord like I do. France is very different but it’s a beautiful country too!
I want to say thank you to all of the people who have made me feel welcome at Harbord, so far it has been a few amazing months for me!
So thanks very much, and I hope you will not have any difficulties in making this meal, it’s very simple, so don’t worry!
“Tomates Farcies Provencales”
-2 cups of Croutons
-1/8 of a cup of Parsley
-2 cloves of Garlic
-2 tsp. of Olive oil
-Cherry tomatoes (you should have around 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes per person)
1.Mix all of the ingredients together.
2.Empty out all of the tomatoes and use the emptied out insides to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
3.Fill the tomatoes with your mixture.
4.Cook the tomatoes for 5 minutes in the oven. (or grill)
5.For the presentation, you just have to put the tomatoes on the lettuce, and Enjoy!
-2 cups of flour.
-A pich of salt.
-3 cups of milk (or water if you prefer).
1. Beat the flour, eggs and salt together in a medium size bowl.
2. Add the milk little by little.
3. Put the mixture in the fridge until you cook it.
4. Put a little bit of olive oil on a pan with a paper towel and cook the crepes.
5. You can stuff the crepes with anything! My favorite is ham and cheese with an egg!
You can also make these crepes for dessert, just add 2 tsp of sugar and some orange zest (optional), you can put jam, chocolate hazelnut, salted butter with lemon, sugar…and so on, on the crepes. Delicious and very simple!
“Fondant au chocolat”
-3 and half tbsp of sugar.
-3 tbsp of flour.
-7 tbsp of butter.
-10 tbsp of dark chocolate.
1. Preheat your oven to 395 F (200 C).
2. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, then the butter (30 sec in the microwave is good as well).
3. Mix the sugar, eggs, and flour in a bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate and butter.
5. Bring all of the ingredients to a boil in the saucepan.
6. Cook it for 6 to 8 min (the time may vary according to your oven so be careful if you want to have a perfect “fondant”!).
You can serve your dessert with some whipped cream and/or custard, it’s really delicious!
Tip: To have a perfect runny center, let the mixed ingredients sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before you put it in the oven to bake (do not leave it in the fridge longer than 30 minutes !).
Bon appetit !!