Written by: Nyka Grewal
- Paper baking cups and muffin tray (mini)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- Pumpkin seeds or any other types of seeds or nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a baking tray with the mini baking cups.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, apple sauce and the seeds or nuts.
- Add the flour mixture into the second bowl and lightly stir just until they are combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking cups, two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes
- To test if the muffins are finished, poke a hole into the center of a muffin using a wooden stick. If batter is stuck to the stick, put them back in the oven for another minute. When they are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
Note: You can decorate the muffins with pumpkin seeds, frosting or a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar!