Written by: Annabel Hunter and Zoe Cezar-White
Inspired by all the leaves that have fallen from the trees, this cute and easy to make Leaf Bowl is the perfect way to bring autumn colours indoors!
-Dollarama faux leaves
-Mod Podge(matte or glossy finish)
-medium sized paint brush
-mixing bowl or pot.
*Tip: The thinner the leaf, the better it will mold to the shape of your balloon.
- Begin by the removing leaves from the branches. Carefully rip the entire plastic stem and veins off the leaves.
- Blow up your balloon to size. We stuck ours inside a pot to keep it in place.
- With your mod podge in a cup near by, apply a thin layer on top of your balloon, starting in the middle and working your way out.
- Lay a leaf on top of the wet mod podge and smooth with your paint brush. Once it’s stuck in place, apply another thin layer of mod podge on top of that leaf. Repeat, covering any empty spaces with smaller leaves.
- When you reach about a quarter of the way down the balloon, add one or two leaves to the bottom of the bowl for extra weight and support. Allow to dry at least an hour.
- When the mod podge is dry, carefully pop your balloon with a pin at the tied end, slowly letting the air out. Don’t be alarmed if the leaves shrink down when the balloon deflates, it will return to its original shape after a minute or so. You may find that some of the mod podge will stick to the edges of your leaves, but you can just pick or cut it off.
Display your jewelry or any other treasures in this jewel of a bowl!